SERVPRO releases report on water damage and mold
– Mold is a common problem that many people struggle with. In fact, according to fire and water cleanup restoration specialists SERVPRO' s corporate site, mold is present "almost everywhere," and given the right conditions, such as a leaky roof or pipe, can spread throughout a property in as little as 24-48 hours.
SERVPRO has worked with clients struggling with Los Osos water damage that results in mold is particularly common because of yearround damp conditions due to the proximity of Los Osos to the ocean, which creates fog and more moisture in the air.
"It's really a problem everywhere, both indoors and out," said Joe Powers, the owner of San Luis Obispo SERVPRO.
Upper respiratory problems
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine or IOM determined that mold could cause upper-respiratory problems such as infections, coughing and wheezing.
For those that have asthma, the presence of mold can make symptoms worse. According to the CDC, recent studies have even been pointing to evidence that mold can be linked to the development of asthma in healthy children.
How does mold get into my house?
Mold can occur both outdoors and indoors. "Mold can come into your house in a variety of ways," Powers said, such as windows, doorways, ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems. Spores can also attach themselves to clothing and animals.
"The problem really develops when there is excessive moisture, which is often associated with water damage from leaks and floods," he said. "Mold spores drop on places where there is lots of moisture, such as water damaged roofs, walls, or anywhere there has been flooding, and then start to grow."
Things like ceiling tiles, wood, dust, insulation materials, wallpaper, paints, drywall, fabric, carpet, and upholstery, all support mold growth by providing suitable nutrients.
Los Osos water damage solutions
San Luis Obispo SERVPRO has offered service for Los Osos customers that are experiencing issues with water damage or mold. Their number one goal is to return the damaged property to its original condition as quickly and as professionally as possible. Their motto is, "Like it never happened." SERVPRO also helps to restore structures with damage caused by fire and other disasters. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call today at (805) 541-1271, or visit their website at SERVPROsanluisobispo.com.
SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo
P.O. Box 1794
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Press release by San Luis Obispo SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D,
Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 226-9890.